Ongoing Improvement Program
Bay Village of Sarasota recently invested $14 million in the construction of a luxurious new wing that features a 106,000-gallon, heated swimming pool with a waterfall and a spa, secluded open relaxation spaces and rooftop gardens, and a casual dining area overlooking the pool that accommodates up to 60 diners.
The project also added a 2,000-square-foot exercise center with the latest physical fitness equipment and a two-level parking garage with 70 covered parking spaces for Bay Village residents.
The new wing extends the Dr. Arnold B. Poole Skilled Nursing Center, providing beautifully furnished private and semi-private rooms and common areas for residents requiring skilled nursing care. The centers expansion features state-of-the-art design of facilities devoted to nursing care and a screened outdoor patio.
Other recently completed improvement projects at Bay Village include:
- A luxurious new grand living room that features a classic coral stone fireplace, elegant Palladian windows, refined alabaster pendant lighting and intimate seating areas adjacent to a grand piano.
- An auditorium renovation that incorporated a state-of-the-art sound system, new seating and window treatments, and acoustical engineering to create an optimal environment for residents to enjoy musical, entertainment and educational programs
- A $3 million renovation of the existing wings of the Dr. Arnold B. Poole Skilled Nursing Center included new private showers, flat-screen televisions, furniture and new flooring in all rooms; new state-of-the-art nurses stations, expanded therapy area and electronic medical records system; and new outdoor lanai, and fine dining and media rooms.
- A $1.5 million renovation of all independent living corridors included woodwork, lighting and wall sconces, wallpaper, artwork and benches.
- An expanded dining room
- A new residential entrance with covered drive
- A fully appointed card room that provides a relaxed and pleasant setting for traditional Bay Village bridge competitions as well as casual games
- The refitting of Bay Village’s three residential wings with Miami-Dade County-rated, hurricane-resistant windows