December is here and it’s time to look back at the year Bay Village had in 2020.
- Every one of us will remember the year 2020 as being the year of Covid-19 and the pandemic that gripped the world and changed operations here on the Bay Village campus in order to have a safe environment for residents and staff. I don’t have the space to go into all the details, and I am not sure we want to rehash all of them anyway, but it was a year that the staff of Bay Village really shined as they were the HEROES in working in the pandemic. The collective efforts of everyone were greatly appreciated throughout the year.
- The Tides of Bay Village, our memory care household, went into Sarasota County for permit. I am hopeful that this project can begin sometime in January 2021.
- Bay Village began the year with several apartment floors undergoing renovations. This all came to a screeching halt in March when the pandemic hit.
- A year that saw records break for numbers of hurricanes, Bay Village was very fortunate to not be part of the biggest storms of the year but had to deal with Tropical Storm Eta in November.
- Ron Simon became the Food Services Supervisor for Bay Village just as the operations of food services changed drastically due to the pandemic. He and his team have done a remarkable job with being flexible with changing food services during this year.
It has been a busy and unique year and I appreciate all the support the Bay Village Board of Directors, the residents, and the employees have given to me through this year.
I wish you and your family a very Happy Holiday Season!