Happy 2018! It is hard to believe that another year has passed – 2017 was an extremely busy one for me. Last year at this time, I was writing my Nichols’s Notes column sitting in Frederick, Maryland taking a look ahead at what was going to be happening on the campus there for 2017. Little did I know that my career would take a change – a major move southward to the Sunshine state and end up in the beautiful city of Sarasota. Boy, how things can change in a year’s time! Taking a look ahead for our campus, 2018 will be a very active one. Here are some of the highlights:
- Wi-Fi will be available throughout the campus, hopefully within the first quarter of the year.
- Touchtown Community Apps, our new resident communication system, will be implemented throughout the year. Digital signs, computer apps, tablet/smart phone apps, and our TV station upgrade will provide everyone with better ways to know what is going on around Bay Village.
- A Point of Sale system for our dining room.
- An updated pool side area for everyone’s enjoyment.
- The Annual Campus Update that is about Hurricane Preparedness this summer. It is my hope that it is just that, and we won’t have to put it into action in 2018!
I will continue to have my campus updates, typically the last Thursday of the month, unless there is the Quarterly Meeting scheduled for that month. I am looking forward to having a great 2018 here at Bay Village!