Rev. Dr. Chuck Moffett
1975: the year of two notable events in Sarasota…
Bay Village Continuing Care Community opened its doors to welcome residents;
Bob’s Barricades open for business to become the #1 producer of the “state flower” – those ever-present orange cones which direct traffic through our ever-present construction zones!
Then we see it – that most dreaded sign: “DETOUR.” OH NO!, my planned route has been changed! I have lost control! I do not want to see another Bob’s Barricade!
While not liking “detours” in our lives, they will come. The issue is how we respond to them. A recent meditation from Dial Hope offers insights:
- Never view a detour as the end of the road.
- Think about a detour as a fresh and new opportunity.
- Trust the Lord of the road.
- May we see “detours” as new “opportunities” to find a
- new dimension of God’s presence with us.