Rev. Dr. Chuck Moffett
Often, I am indebted to Bay Village residents for material which I feel needs to benefit others, not just me. This month, my debt of thanks and gratitude is to Martha Bonham. She shares with us a piece written by Dr. Karl Menninger in 1981 (Co- Founder of Menninger Clinic, Topeka, KS)
- “People are unreasonable, illogical, self-centered. LOVE THEM, ANYWAY.
- If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. DO GOOD, ANYWAY.
- If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. TRY TO BE SUCCESSFUL, ANYWAY.
- The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.DO IT, ANYWAY.
- Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. BE HONEST AND FRANK, ANYWAY.
- People favor underdogs, but I notice they follow the top dogs. FIGHT FOR SOME UNDERDOGS, ANYWAY.
- What you spend years building up may be destroyed overnight. BUILD, ANYWAY.
- People really need help, but they may attack you if you help them. TRY TO HELP PEOPLE, ANYWAY.
- Give the world the best you have, and you’ll get kicked in the teeth. GIVE THE WORLD THE BEST YOU HAVE, ANYWAY.
Thank you, Martha….I needed that!